To Our Customers: Please read if your PC is not able to print labels this morning.
This issue can affect one or more PC’s running Windows 10 and using Zebra model printers – it is caused by recent Windows 10 Security Hotfix (KB #5004945) automatically processed by Microsoft across the globe.
This issue is NOT caused by Corum Software. It is affecting Zebra customers globally.
Solution (<5 minutes)
1. Press Windows Key ❖ + R on your keyboard to open a Run prompt
2. Copy and paste the following command and press “Enter”, this will uninstall the offending update:
wusa /uninstall /kb:5004945
3. Ensure you press “Yes” when prompted to uninstall the update
4. Reboot the pc afterwards, you should be able to print
5. Make sure to pause Windows updates to prevent the issue from coming back:
– Click on the Windows start menu
– Type “wuapp” or “Windows Update” into the search bar, then click “Windows Update Settings/Check for Updates” which will be the first result.
– Click “Pause Updates for 7 days” 4 times to ensure this is at the max, there is no patch available from Microsoft at this stage but we will be updating customers when there is.